At Wifigen LLC (We) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Scope of policy:
- This policy lays down the foundation on which any personal data you share with a Wifigen enabled business that we collect from you, or you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read it in a thoroughgoing manner, to understand our views and practices of processing your personal data and how we will take care of it.
- For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Wifigen LLC of 16192 Coastal Highway, Lewes, Delaware 19958, County of Sussex.
i. Submitted Information:
The log-in/signup information which you provide through either a registration form, social media account which you use to access the service e.g. (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram etc.) will be subject to our privacy settings. We may also ask you for additional information when you enter any competition or promotion offered by a Wifigen enabled business or when you suggest a feedback or problem with our service will also be subject to the same privacy settings.
ii. Additional Information:
- We may ask you to complete surveys which are used by us for research purposes, although you don’t have to respond to them.
- If you contact us either regarding a problem or improvement feedback, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of any transaction that you carry out using our service shall be kept a record of in an anonymous way.
- Details of your use of our Service including but not limited to location data, weblogs, other communication data or resources that you access.
iii. Device Information:
Information about your mobile telephone, smartphone, handheld device, laptop, computer, tablet or any other such device used to access and use our services, including, where available, the device’s unique device identifiers, operating system, browser type, and mobile network information as well as the Device’s phone number where applicable, for system administration and to report aggregate information to the business employing our service. We may associate these device identifiers with submitted information and will treat this combined information as personal data which will be subject to the same privacy laws and settings as mentioned before.
iv. Location Information:
Your actual location may be collected and processed by us. In a few locations, we may collect data for WiFi-enabled devices present at those locations. This collected information as a relative signal strength from the WiFi access points is calculated with an X/Y co-ordinate. This data is linked to a user using a device to access our services and is shared with the venue / business owner and WiFi service provider to help in analyzing how people move around within a location. A device’s unique MAC address is masked in such instance to ensure privacy and remove the possibility of connecting it to other sources.
v. Login Information:
3. Your personal data (Storage and Retention):
The data that we collect from you is located and stored on secure regional servers which are protected by advanced encryption and security techniques. This data can be transferred or stored at, a destination which is outside your region. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the region who work for us or one of our suppliers.
Although all information provided to us is stored on our secure servers, unfortunately, the transmission of this information via the internet makes it susceptible to attacks. From our end, we will do our best to protect your personal data BUT we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted via our service; any transmission to that end is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we will make use of strict data handling procedures and use security features to try to prevent any unauthorized access to your data. In some cases, access to the service is through your own social media platform therefore you should ensure yourself that when you using these features, you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be seen, collected or used by others.
4. Disclosure of your information:
We may use the information we have about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with information regarding the venue in which you are using the service including information relating to goods, services, promotions etc.
- To report aggregate information to our advertisers or selected third parties for consumer analysis.
- To provide your information to the venue owner or sponsor of the service you are using to enable them to see how the venue’s services are being used and by whom and to communicate directly with you.
- We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
- You will be contacted by us only through electronic means (SMS or e-mail) with information about goods and services.
- When we permit third parties to use your data, we (or they) will only contact you through the same electronic means (namely SMS or e-mail).
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 1000 men aged under 25 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in San Francisco). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
5. Third party sites:
Our Services may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates (including, but not limited to, websites on which the Services are advertised). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
6. Access to Information:
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of $20 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information We hold about you.
8. Future of privacy forum:
We are committed to the need for transparent privacy policies in the field of mobile location analytics and are committed to the Future of Privacy Mobile Location Analytics Code of Conduct.
Terms of Service